SAND FLATS AND LOTS MORE
+31 (0)222 31 54 41
1791 AS Texel
- Bar & restaurant
- Free WiFi
- Luggage storage
- Bike storage
- credit cards accepted
- lockers in the hallways
- wheelchair accessible
- baby bed/ extra bed on request*
*A maximum of one baby bed per room. Extra beds, children's beds or baby beds are subject to availability and confirmation by the hostel.
Location & Route
- The ferry from Den Helder leaves every hour on the half hour from 6.30 a.m. to 9.30 p.m. Please note, times may vary on Sundays and public holidays.
- The ferry from Texel leaves every hour on the hour from 6.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m. Please note, times may vary on Sundays and public holidays.
If you’re travelling by public transport, take bus 33 towards the ferry in Den Helder. When you arrive on the island leave the ferry at the right hand side. Take bus 28 28 with destination De Koog. Get of in Den Burg at bus stop "Elemert / Centrum". From the bus stop, walk back to the main road (Emmalaan). Go left and follow the road, where you'll pass by a school. Then turn right and follow the road until you reach the hostel. It is a 10 minute walk from the bus stop. You can find more information about the public transport on Texel at www.texelhopper.nl. Or give us a call, we are happy to help you!
Prefer to go by taxi? Call Taxi Botax: 0222-315888 for the lowest rates on the island.
Take the ferry from Den Helder to Texel. When you get to the island, follow the Pontweg till the first roundabout and turn right, after about 1 km turn right onto a public parking and follow the signs Stayokay. There are ferry crossings from Den Helder every hour from 6.30 till 21.30 hours. The ferry from Texel departs every hour from 6.00 till 21.00 hours. For the current Texel ferry schedule, please visit www.teso.nl
The hostel has its own free car park which also has space for buses.
Good to know
You will be given bed linen upon arrival to make your own bed. Prefer a made-up bed? Ask for a full service in advance. Towels are not included. These can be rented at the hostel.
- Children aged till 2 years stay for free.
- It is mandatory to reserve a private room when there are children aged 12 years or younger in your party.
- Guest under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
- Dogs are welcome from November to March. Don't forget to add your dog in step 2 of your booking (€9 per dog). Guide dogs are always allowed in private rooms.
- Cancellation/ advance payments: You pay for your stay at Stayokay in advance. Cancellation terms & conditions apply in the event of a cancellation.