|24 rooms||124 beds||4 multifunction rooms|
Gorssel is a great location for a school trip, work week, (introduction) camp or as a get-away location for a group of friends or sports team. The beautiful nature and fun activities nearby are the ideal mix.
The hostel in Gorssel is located in an authentic Norwegian hunting lodge. Moreover, it is beautifully situated near the Gorsselse Heide, the forest and the cosy city of Deventer. The annex and the log cabins, where the bedrooms are located, are also built in Scandinavian style. Moreover, you can spend the night in one of the four Wikkelhouses: sustainable tiny houses made of recycled cardboard! There's plenty to do in the area and various activities are organised by the hostel.
Stayokay Gorssel is very popular due to its unique location and beautiful setting. There's plenty to do in and around the hostel. Go sunbathing or play football on the grass, build a campfire in the garden or rent a canoe.
- Restaurant & Bar
- Over 115 beds
- 4 multifunctional rooms
- Campfire place
- Grass pitch
- Bike rental
- Water sports & canoe hire
- Parking for car and bus
GROUP TRIP TO THE IJSSEL
Stayokay offers the most fun activities for the entire group. There's also plenty to do outside the hostel. Discover the varied nature of the Achterhoek region by bike or on foot, visit several museums and have a look in the cosy village centre. The Apenheul and Amusement Park Hellendoorn are also within easy reach.
The group accommodation in Gorssel has something to offer for every group! You can also enjoy delicious food and drinks; the extensive breakfast buffet is always included in the overnight stay.
Group Activities in and around Gorssel
Going to Gorssel with your group? Great fun of course! But where do you start organising your trip? We are happy to share our favourite tips with you to have an unforgettable time!
- Organise a sports afternoon at the hostel. The expansive grounds are perfect for a fun, active afternoon!
- The hostel is located in a wooded area, perfect for a scavenger hunt. Make it even more exciting by organising it in the twilight.
- In good weather, the nearby recreational lake Bussloo is ideal for swimming, sports and games.
- Take a walk through the historic centre and discover the Hanseatic city of Deventer.
- The nature reserve of the Gorsselse Heide is beautiful and well worth exploring on foot.
- There's a beautiful outdoor centre in nearby Eefde. Send your group on a treetop adventure in the climbing forest.
- Discover who's the fastest during an afternoon of karting.
- Don't miss out on a visit to Deventer's Toy Museum.
- An exciting team activity is a WhatsApp Moord Tocht through Deventer. Solve a "murder case" via hints on your phone.
- Visit Museum More, the largest museum for modern realism in the Netherlands. Admire 20th century masters, contemporary realists and up-and-coming talent.
Other fun activities include the subtropical swimming pool de Scheg in Deventer, A GPS treasure hunt or a field study activity with a forest ranger.
Sustainability is very important to us at Stayokay. To you as well? Check out the sustainable group activities in the surroundings of Stayokay Gorssel.
Ready to go?
Are you thinking of visiting us? Fun! We can't wait to show you around our hostel. If you have any questions or comments before your stay or if you want to book something extra, you can always send an email to email@example.com.
What else do you need to know?
- Let us know in advance if you want to rent the meeting room
- It is also useful to know this in advance when booking lunch and dinner.