Last update: 8 October 2021
The coronavirus is affecting all of us. Stayokay is doing everything possible to deal with this as best we can. But our hostels are open and you are more than welcome.
Bookings up to 20 guests
Our hostels have taken various measures and are open to welcome you. It's still possible that something changes that impacts your booking. In that case the hostel will contact you.
Do you have a booking with us and do you want to cancel it? Please view our cancellation policy.
Non-flex bookings and vouchers
Non-flex bookings made after 15 March 2020 are subject to the standard cancellation policy.
Did you choose a 'non-flex' booking on Stayokay.com before 16 March 2020 and was this stay cancelled due to the coronavirus? In view of the special circumstances, we will offer a voucher for the amount of the booking. The voucher is valid for one year and can be redeemed at any of our 20 locations throughout the Netherlands. If the voucher is not redeemed within 12 months, we can extend the voucher for you or you can request a refund. Please fill in the form.
If you have any questions about a booking, please contact the hostel.
Groups larger than 20 guests
We were all hoping that due to the high number of people that were vaccinated in Europe for Covid-19 by mid-2021 that the world would return to ‘normal’ by now. Unfortunately this is not the case. In many countries there are still travel restrictions due to the (high) level of Covid-19 infections.
We understand that maximum flexibility is still required for your group(s). This is why Stayokay will prolong the amended cancellation conditions for groups of 21 people or more to 1 July 2022. From 1 July 2022 we will return to the usual cancellation conditions as stated in your contract and in our General Terms & Conditions of Stayokay. On 11 April 2022 we will review the Covid-19 situation and decide on that date whether we will prolong the amended cancellation conditions for the second half of 2022. We will inform you between 11 April and 15 April 2022 about the outcome of the decision.
Please find below the overview of our amended cancellations conditions:
Reservations for groups of 11 people or more that are made on or after 1 September 2020, for a stay between 1 October 2020 and 1 July 2022, may be cancelled free of charge up to 30 calendar days before arrival.
- Groups may cancel at no charge 10% of the total capacity up to 7 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be charged 75% of the total reservation value if cancellations amounting to more than 10% of the booking up to the entire booking are made 15 to 30 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be charged 90% of the total reservation value if cancellations amounting to more than 10% of the booking up to the entire booking are made 8 to 14 days prior to arrival.
- Groups will be charged 100% of the total reservation value if cancellations of the entire booking are made 7 or fewer days prior to arrival.
In case of hostel closure
If the hostel you've booked is closed on the date of the stay, Stayokay will move the group to a comparable hostel in consultation. Another option is to move the stay to another date, up to 12 months in the future.*
In case of travel restrictions
Cancellation free of charge up to 72 hours before arrival** is possible in the following situations:
- The group cannot travel due to a lock-down in the place of departure,
- The group would be required to quarantine upon arrival at the hostel,
- When the local government has prohibited the group from traveling to and/or staying in the Netherlands. When the coronavirus-related cancellation is made less than 72 hours before arrival, 50% of the total reservation value will be charged.
Moving the reservation
Moving the reservation free of charge up to 12 months in the future*(as far as there is availability in the hostel on the desired date) is also possible in the following situation:
- When at least 50% of the group must be quarantined at home in the event of one or more coronavirus infections in the group (an official statement of the infection(s) of one or more group members must be submitted to Stayokay).
Conditions for moving or cancelling reservations
To be eligible to cancel or reschedule the reservation free of charge for coronavirus-related reasons as mentioned above, official government documentation must be provided to Stayokay (this can be a link to an official government website or letter of the government).
* If the stay is moved to a date on which higher prices apply, the additional costs will be charged.
** Stayokay assumes the standard arrival time of 3 p.m. on the day of arrival.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org